Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Our 4th of July weekend was pretty much fantastic (well, with one exception, but I'll get to that). It started out with a "date night" Thursday at Firebirds, which was so so fun! Brad hadn't really planned a night out for us in a while, so it was nice. He pulled out all of the stops like the old days--opening doors, insisting we eat nothing but our favorites and ultimately just being his normal wonderful company. We had a great time just hanging out and I LOVED not having to make any decisions about where we were going or when.

Friday I started off with a visit to my Mamaw in the hospital. She has pneumonia and at 85 that can be pretty serious, but surprisingly enough she was doing great (she's now back at home). Dad and I spent some time with her and then I headed home to start working on all of the festivities. We had a bit of a neighborhood celebration for the 4th. All of our fabulous neighbors and their families (and ours) celebrated with a low country boil and all sorts of other amazing treats (not to mention beverages). We had a great time and got to know some new friends in the neighborhood which is always nice.

We had red, white and blue covered, coincidence? I think not.


Some of the girls

Casey and Rebecca, so sweet!

Saturday was mostly low key until Dawn brought Kaley and Maci to hang out. We went and ate Mexican and attempted to make homemade ice cream (I'll stick to letting others do that or buying it at the store from now on). After that I started feeling sick and that's when the weekend took a bit of a dive. I was in bed all day Sunday and Monday with some sort of stomach bug. It wasn't fun, but I think I'm finally on the road to recovery. I only worked a half day today so tomorrow I have some catching up to do. Oh well, it's better to rest and be safe than get everyone else sick, right?

No comments: