Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A late weekend update...

I just realized that I typically only post after the weekend. I'm not very good at posting during the week--or perhaps, we're just not that interesting? That's probably more accurate.
The most exciting aspect of our weekend was Kaley's All-Star game. They made it to the championship round of the District tournament and ended up beating McAdory in extra innings. Kaley got a crucial hit in the last inning; we were so excited for her and the rest of the team. You wouldn't believe all of the squeals and jumping up and down going on at that moment, it was great! Off to state they go--good luck!

Kaley before the big game--after her 2nd red Powerade. ;)

With her certificate after the big win!

After the ballgames (which lasted well into the night) Brad and I went bowling with Dawn and Brian and some of their friends. We had a really good time hanging out, I just wished it had been earlier so I wouldn't have been so out of it. Bowling at 11:30 at night after little food and a whole lot of ballpark-ness, I wasn't the most exciting company. Hopefully, we'll all hang out again soon. Below is a picture of Dawn with her bowling gear, haha!

That's really not her bag, but I thought it was funny.

Sunday Brad and I were pretty lazy. We hung out around the house most of the day (I did laundry and other exciting things like that) and he watched golf and helped Carl put a light on our garage. Then it was time to take Oliver to get his fourth, and final, set of shots. It was pitiful. The vet warned us that Oliver would be sore and wow, she was right. He was fine for a little bit once we got home, but barely and hour later he could hardly move. He didn't want much company so Brad and I let him sleep while we watched fireworks and sipped wine with our neighbors. The church up the street had fireworks that you could see from the hill behind our house--it was really nice! I love simple excitement like that--a big fireworks show right in my backyard!

Oliver is back to normal now and all is well. I'm counting down the minutes until I get off work on Thursday. I love the 4th of July (I'm a patriotic nerd) and I can't wait until the weekend. Hopefully I'll have more fun things to share after that.

No comments: