Tuesday, December 18, 2007

81 days to go!

My blog now officially has a purpose--tracking my life in the days leading up to the wedding! Exciting, huh?


First bit of news--we have a honeymoon spot! Yeah for us! After weeks of contemplating (and watching the air fares rise and being mislead by a certain travel agent) we finally decided on Couples Swept Away in Jamaica. We'll be there March 10-15 and I am already counting down the days. I think it will make the perfect setting for our first week of marriage. Check out the resort at http://www.couples.com/.


If you're wondering why I didn't think of this wedding tracking thing before, I have been reluctant to post too much about it because the focus has generally been on Allie's big day (fair enough, I get Dec. 16-March 8, haha) and for me, it was on surviving Allie's big day myself. Yes, I'm her big sister and quite possessive. I didn't realize that I was so possessive until I had to start thinking about sharing her with someone else. I honestly hate the idea, but as of Saturday I no longer have a choice (okay, I didn't really have one before but I felt a little more in control than I do now). She's happy and therefore I'm happy for her. I survived her special day and in all honesty it was absolutely wonderful. She was truly stunning--one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen! All of the extravagance of course made me an emotional wreck who couldn't look at her without crying, but nonetheless I made it without causing too much of a scene and I'm officially moving into the acceptance phase (I don't have a choice, right?). Isn't she pretty?


Well, now that I have a purpose I assume that I'll be posting much more frequently. I am incredibly excited about my upcoming wedding and LOVE being able to share the details.

Love!

No comments: