Thursday, December 27, 2007

Countdown until 2008

I cannot believe that Christmas has already come and gone. It seems like just yesterday Brad and I were passing out Halloween candy to the neighborhood kids, and now we're preparing to welcome 2008 in less than a week. The past three months have been a complete whirlwind. Between work, family and occassional planning time has flown by--faster than I could have ever imagined.

In August when Brad and I picked a date in March, I remember feeling like we had FOREVER to wait. Time couldn't pass fast enough. Yesterday I had my first realization that despite what I might have previously thought, time was passing and I needed to catch up. I woke up with a desperate desire to start creating lists of things I need to accomplish now, or perhaps yesterday. I'm a huge fan of "To Do" lists, actually, I can hardly function without them. About halfway through my most recent list, I realized that there are far more things left to do than I had originally thought. The most unfortunate thing about planning a wedding at the same time as someone else in your family is that there isn't always enough time to handle things in advance--it's the first things first philosophy. Until last week the Walls-Stripling wedding was on hold, and now I must make decisions in a haste. I need invitations, favors, flower girl dresses, tuxes, an event designer--and a lot more that I can't even begin to type! These things weren't urgent when Allie only had 3 months to plan, but now that I'm down to less than three months, they are quite important. I have to make some decisions, and I have to do it fast.

I imagine the next couple of weeks will be some of the most stressful. I actually kind of hope they are--making decisions will eliminate other stresses. I am dying to have all of these details ironed out--obviously I'm not a fan of the last minute. As I've said before, I'm a planner and advance plans are my favorite.

Oh the things to do... I have to get to work!

Love!

No comments: