Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The grand scheme of things...

If you know anything about me, you know that I'm very fond of sticking to a "vision" or a theme of sorts. I like to have a look and stick with it--carry it out into even the tiniest details. Every event I've ever planned has a clear theme. At one time I had a very clear vision of how my wedding day would "look" and while I'm still going for the classic, elegant fairytale princess concept my old color scheme is out the door and now we're moving on to plan B.


If you've heard my vision of a pink and brown wedding--pretend you never did and start imagining something new. Imagine a romantic, candle lit setting with shades of pink, sahara and, despite my overwhelming desire to prevent it from appearing anywhere on my wedding day, BLACK! I should explain that I have nothing against black at weddings, but Allie's was entirely black and white, so in an effort to keep some guests from feeling like they went to the same event twice, I made an effort to keep it out of all March 8th plans.

Well, my trusty everyday color (I don't know how I ever made it without my black Michael Stars turtleneck) has crept into my big day, in the form of a sash. The six sashes that adorn my otherwise perfect bridesmaids dresses have black undersides! How did this happen?!? It was all a big misunderstanding between the store and the designer, that everyone was incredibly apologetic for. The shantung fabric is absolutely perfect, the sahara shade is just what I had in mind but then when you tie the bow--surprise, it's not sahara like the other side, it's a deep onyx. I couldn't possibly have brown AND black, so the sash wins--black it is.


The colors are new, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it will matter that much. I'm very anxious to flesh out my new concept, maybe it's all for the best. Now the girls will have a much easier time finding shoes--that's a plus. All in all, it's probably the first of many things that won't go exactly as planned, but hey, I prefer surpsises 80 days out, rather than the day of, so I'm counting my blessings!

We ordered our engagement proofs today! We love the photographers we are working with and can't wait to see the creative concepts they have in mind for our day. I'll share more pictures when I have them. We're getting closer and closer...

Love!

No comments: