Monday, May 5, 2008

Exhausted...to say the least

Wow, what happened to the weekend? The last three days (clearly, I count Friday night as part of my weekend) have been so insanely busy that I can hardly hold my eyes open this morning. The concept of getting rest over the weekend, was completely inaccurate this time. I'm exhausted and lacking a lot of motivation this morning. However, despite the craziness and insane schedule the weekend was a great success.

Brad played in the Inverness Country Club Member-Guest tennis tournament this weekend. It was his first tournament in YEARS, so taking that into consideration, he did really well. I missed his match on Friday, but I did make it in time for dinner and drinks, which was really fun. We got to hang out with his aunts, uncles and cousins without it being a holiday for once--it was nice, they are super sweet people. He played again on Saturday, but I had to miss those matches too (no, he didn't win) due to Fiesta Ball preparations. However, yesterday, I was able to spend the whole day out at the raquet club watching him. I was so proud! It was mixed doubles day and he and his aunt made it to the playoffs--way to go! Carson and Charles also came out, so Carson and I decided we were Brad's good luck charms for the day. Coincidence that he didn't win until we watched him? I think not.

Saturday night's Fiesta Ball turned out really well. We had an incredible crowd and despite all of the nonsense leading up to the event, it was a success! I am so so happy that so many of my friends came out and supported the Cancer Center. It was interesting having my work world collide with my outside of work world. It was nice having my friends there though. By the end of the night we were all on the dance floor having fun, as if I wasn't at work. :) I'll spend the next couple of days wrapping up the "thank yous" and collecting outstanding money and then I'll have a total. I'm thinking we're way up from last year. Yay!

Okay, time to stop putting off work. So much to do...
Love!

No comments: