Friday, May 16, 2008

Hangin' Tough!

Okay, today, driving to work I realized just how excited I am that New Kids on the Block is making a comeback. It took nearly twenty years, but I'm super pumped! I've heard the gossip, but it wasn't until I heard Rick and Bubba play their new single and callers phone in about their love for the group that I remembered just how much I liked these guys--talk about the good old days!

I was a New Kids obsessed kid. I had the sheets, Barbies, t-shirts, school supplies, pretty much anything I could convince my parents to buy me. My mom even took me to the concert! That considered, I had to call her this morning and reminisce about the good old days of New Kids on the Block. She of course remembered that I absolutely adored Jordan (I wonder if he'd still be my favorite now?) and how Allie thought Donny was super cool (I think it was the rebellious rat tail that drew her in). We would play with those dolls for hours and then sing their songs into hairbrushes in front of the mirror--yeah, we were cool.

I'm pumped about a reunion. Let's hope we can still call them the New Kids on the Block--I'm not a fan of the NKOTB idea. Gracious, I surely hope I like them as much this time around as I did back then! Even if I don't, simple nostalgia will keep me interested.

No comments: