Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

This could quite possibly be one of the worst pictures of dad ever, but it's funny!

Our Father's Day weekend was rather uneventful (in a very good way). Brad and I were fortunate enough to get to spend some quality time with both of our families and each other, so it was nice. Friday night we relaxed together with dinner at Taziki's (a Friday night favorite) and trips to Target and Best Buy. We finished out the night watching Evan Almighty curled up on the couch with Oliver, it was perfect! We haven't had a lot of opportunities to just hang out lately.

Saturday we celebrated Father's Day early with lunch at my grandparents' in Jasper. We had a really great time. They always have incredibly funny stories to tell and everytime we go we come home saying we should definitely visit more often. I wish they lived closer to us!
We spent most of Saturday night at Allie's house. Fortunately, she let us bring Oliver with us because he had a present for my dad too. Dreamland is one of dad's favorite so we had ribs, bbq chicken and banana pudding and showered him with presents. He always says he "doesn't need anything" but gets as excited as a small child when you give him gifts. Allie and Brian introduced Brad and me to Rock Band. I was surprised by how much fun we actually had playing. Our ridiculous pictures are below. Mom and dad were also very into it--it was hilarious and so much more fun than I'd imagined!

Real Rockstars!


Such a dork!

He was very intense on the drums!

Sunday, after Oliver and I celebrated Father's Day with Brad, we had Brad's dad and sisters over for lunch. Brad cooked excellent steaks--everyone was impressed with his grilling skills (fortunately, I benefit from them almost nightly). Brad's dad stayed for much of the afternoon; it was nice having time to hang out with him at our house. Unfortunately, Dawn and Rebecca had to leave early, but at least everyone got to be together for a while. Brad insists we have to do it more often.

We don't have too much lined up for this week, hopefully just some down time. I started a Jan. 1 yesterday for healthy eating, so I can't wait to see how long I last this time around. Oh well, it's worth a try!

No comments: