Sunday, June 22, 2008

Time flies when you're having fun...


Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of me living in our house (sorry the picture is a little hazy, I didn't think of taking it until almost dark). When Brad and I bought it and I moved in a year ago I had no idea how much my life would change in only 365 days.

Over the last year, I lived alone for the first time in my life, Brad and I got engaged (in the house, actually), we got married, added Oliver to our family and so much more. We had an exciting year of "firsts" in our house. We celebrated our first Halloween there (which is an entirely different story, but I definitely wasn't prepared for the chaos that erupted in Letson Farms that night), we've hosted our friends and family, made new friends, decorated "our first" Christmas tree (a hand-me-down from my parents, but still, our ornaments) and really began building a life independent from our respective families. The last year truly has been a whirlwind of ups and downs (more ups than downs--I'm incredibly blessed) and I can't help but realize just how quickly time passes by. Who knows where we'll be in our journey this time next year?
I am excited to see where our paths lead and even happier knowing that I have a wonderful companion on my journey. Brad is an awesome husband and I am so happy that our house not only sets the perfect scene for our story to begin to unfold, but that the characters that surround us are so fantastic. We are blessed by the opportunity to love and be loved by so many wonderful people!

No comments: