Thursday, June 12, 2008

We've officially been "parents" for a month now. Yesterday was Oliver's one month anniversary at our house and I'm happy to say we've at least made some progress with the training and biting. We're definitely not all of the way there yet, but he's getting better. I can't believe he'll be 12 weeks tomorrow!

On Monday we took him for his check up and he's 100% free of coccidia, so we're very excited about that. I think he's a little disappointed that he won't be taking his butterscotch medicine anymore, but he'll deal. He has also gained a pound since our last visit three weeks ago, we're up to 3 lbs. 12 oz. and the vet was very happy about that. He said he's on track and looking healthy (I think it's because of his good parents, haha).

Monday Brad and I also had our first real "proud parent" moment while we were waiting at at the vet. This very sweet gentleman kept looking at Oliver and asking us questions and then typing away on his blackberry. Not long after he had been sitting idle waiting on his pup, he sweetly asked if he could take a picture of Oliver because he was just "too cute!" We of course said yes and loved every minute of it, Oliver was super excited about all of the attention he was getting. Yes, he was by far the cutest puppy at the vet that night and he knew it!

We've had a super busy week and the weekend is shaping up to be equally packed. We'll be celebrating Father's Day with my Grandad in Jasper, my dad at Allie's house and then with Brad's dad at our house. I'm excited about another opportunity to use all of the fantastic wedding presents we have (sorry to disappoint but I don't serve dinner out of our nice stuff every night). Hopefully today I can get out at lunch and finish up shopping. I really need to get on top of everything!

No comments: