Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Family Vacay!


We embarked on yet another family vacation on Saturday. We were up and at 'em early that morning and arrived in Destin by lunchtime. We kicked off our weekend of eating excessively and enjoying the sunshine by feasting on a lunch (of complete fried goodness) at the Back Porch and then continued to eat just as much for the rest of the trip. I ate snack foods that I never eat (E.L. Fudges, donuts, Doritos, etc.) and topped them off with incredible dinners at places like Louisiana Lagniappe, Graffiti's and Harbor Docks. I still can't believe all that I ate in such a short amount of time (hey, it's vacation!).

For the other parts of the trip we lounged by the pool (where I caught up on some reading), shopped and genuinely enjoyed each other's company. I realize more and more everyday how fortunate I am that my family gets along so well with my husband. It's nice to all merge into one big happy family. Tuesday came too soon, but all and all it was a fantastic trip! I didn't take many pictures, but a few are below.

Yes, they showed up Saturday morning in matching uniforms

Mom and Dad
My family!

Allie and Brian with us

No comments: