Friday, October 3, 2008

Let the celebrating begin!

If you know me at all you know that I absolutely love birthdays. You can't blame me though; for as long as I can remember my family has made a huge deal about celebrating the day we were born. I used to wake up to breakfast in a kitchen draped in streamers, or fun balloons, or anything else festive Mom could dream up. The festive-ness of birthdays has continued over the years (including the year I was in Mobile thanks to Melissa and Sissy) and my excitement over that hasn't weaned even in the least. While my actual birthday isn't until tomorrow the celebration has already begun and I couldn't be happier.

My celebrating began with lunch at Taziki's with Rachel. We really were getting together to catch up, but she brought me a super fun surprise and kicked off my weekend of celebrating! I left thinking... I can't wait until tonight when I get to celebrate some more... back to work, blah.

I was at my desk working away when the front desk called to let me know I had a delivery. My sweet husband sent me beautiful flowers (the picture doesn't do them justice) as a pre-birthday surprise--I was pumped, another tally for my "I love my birthday" list. Just as I was getting ready to head back to my desk to admire my lovely flowers, Holly told me she needed to talk to me in the kitchen (I panicked thinking something bad had happened); I was surprised yet again. Miranda (my cubicle neighbor) made me delicious funfetti cupcakes (yep, they picked up on my favorites already) and I celebrated with a sweet card and gift from my friends at work. I was completely shocked and incredibly grateful; I've only worked here for a month and I wasn't expecting anything at all. I am very fortunate to work with such kind and thoughtful people.

Birthdays aren't so much about the celebrating itself, but more so about the fun you get to have with the people in your life. That's why I love my birthday--I get to slow down a bit and hang out with the people that mean the most to me. Yay, for another year... let the celebration continue!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I too love Birthdays!!!! This year mine lasted over a month. I am a big believer in the "Month of Cassie." We should totally have a "Month of Katie"