Thursday, October 2, 2008

Funny question...

Stopped at a traffic light on my way to work this morning I started flipping through the e-mails that piled up on my phone over night. After scrolling through a list of nearly 20 forwarded messages (sweet Nana), a Sephora ad and some pet pedicure solicitations, I noticed one with the subject "Quick Harmless Question," from a friend that lives in St. Louis. The e-mail included updates on her adorable daughter and then a question that surprised me--"What do you think of Sarah Palin?" She and I have always respectfully agreed to disagree on our difference in politics and I was intrigued by her interest in my thoughts.

What do I think about our potential Vice President? I was incredibly impressed by her at the convention and I thoroughly disagree with the intense, biased criticism that she has faced, but other than that I don't have a long list of pro's or con's. I've had to focus too much on the craziness that the actual candidates have elicited.

Hollywood?



However, as for Palin (I want to call her Sarah, but we're not quite there yet) no matter how much people want to taunt her for "inexperience" I like to believe that her experience in Alaska has prepared her to make tough decisions when it counts and to work under pressure. I also like that she's made controversial decisions and she's not afraid to do what she believes in. Perhaps, the kind of change she'd bring to Washington is exactly what we need. She hasn't drank the kool-aid yet, and if McCain plays his cards right come January she may be one of the only people in that town that has avoided the juice and finger prick. She's refreshing, she's not caught up in a bunch of partisan nonsense and her lack of time on the Hill gives her the opportunity to start fresh with some of the oldest names in the business. I honestly like the thought of her, and her enormous family, in Washington. Experienced or not, I'll take my chances with her over Obama any day.
Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYEnDepMKwE for a glimpse at what we could have to look forward to. If it doesn't bother you at least a little bit, I am worried about you. I am disturbed by this and clearly some people on the Obama campaign are too (now that the public is scrutinizing it) because it has been on the official campaign site until yesterday. And seriously, this film was produced to share--it's not a casual home movie. It has an eery resemblance to the videos of kids signing and pledging allegiance to Hitler. I'm not sure about you, but I think we have freedom and I don't think we need to be saved by a president. That's the first step towards a major digression from everything we are founded on. Okay, I'm getting terribly side tracked, so I'll save more ranting for another day.
Watch the debate tonight and I'm interested in your feedback. I won't be able to check it out until tomorrow because we'll be at a fundraiser tonight (featuring Martha Reeves and the Vandella's none the less), but I'll certainly review ASAP.
REGISTER TO VOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!


No comments: